Wednesday, April 10, 2013

First Animation: Sonny's run cycle



I haven't updated in a bit because I got booked for an After Effects job.  But now I'm back! (For a few days before a long booking)
Had a chance to rig Sonny and here he is running.  I can do some facial animation with him too but it wasn't needed for the run cycle.  But at the end of the video you can see me toggle on his "constipated face" a few times.

While animating him, I adjusted his shaders a little.  I know I said I wasn't going to do toon lines, and technically I didn't so hooray for me, but I ended up using a basic toon shader over his hands, face, and body that creates a shadow near the edge, kinda like a toon line.  For those of you familiar with maya, this is similar to facing angle ramp "xray shader".

Stay tuned for more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment